- "I'm tired of white juries and white judges protecting these officers who kill us. Who shoot us and beat us to death without fear of consequences. A supreme court who uses racism as it's justification. If they fear us, if they hate us, then it's OK to kill us. I am not the only mother whose child has been stolen by law enforcement."
- —Sandra Thompson
The outcome of the Jamal Thompson case is decided, and Callie is forced to decide what she’s willing to fight for. Mariana jumps into a new relationship but stumbles into a situation she wasn’t prepared to face. Alice attempts to win Joey back, while Davia attempts to help Dennis.
- Maia Mitchell as Callie Adams Foster
- Cierra Ramirez as Mariana Adams Foster
- Zuri Adele as Malika Williams
- Sherry Cola as Alice Kwan
- Emma Hunton as Davia Moss
- Tommy Martinez as Gael Martinez
- Josh Pence as Dennis Cooper
- Beau Mirchoff as Jamie Hunter
- Dhruv Uday Singh as Raj Patil
- Daisy Eagan as Joey Riverton
- T.J. Linnard as Evan Speck
- Dustin Ingram as Alex Wood
- Max Cutler as Sam Higgins
- Anastasia Leddick as Kelly
- Roger Bart as Curtis Wilson
- Ken Kirby as Benjamin
- Nicki Micheaux as Sandra Thompson
- Lee Chen as Trea Kwan
- Robert Michael Lee as Alan Kwan
- Lisagaye Tomlinson as Nia Walker
- Jeffrey Stubblefield as Michael Davidson
- Jonathan Stanley as Lawrence Griffin
- Noshir Dalal as Amir Turani
- Maisie Klompus as Rachel
- Rachel Rosenbloom as Gina
- Seri DeYoung as Claire
- Annie Little as Jennifer
- Chris Sheffield as Jeff Maxwell
- Carter Rush Adkins as Jacob
- Theo Wilson as Federal Marshall
Notes and Trivia
- Production officially started on February 25, 2019.
- The first table read took place on the same day.
- The readthrough for 2x01 and 2x02 took place on the same day and reached a whopping 120 pages.
- A "previously on Good Trouble" image is used at the beginning of the episode when recapping the events of Season 1.
- Callie is taken into custody by Federal Marshall's after her federal issues keycard is stolen.