Now for Then is the fourth episode of Season 4 of The Fosters. It is the sixty-sixth episode. It aired on July 18, 2016.
Callie starts her senior project of photographing the outside of her and Jude’s seven former foster homes. But, when an unexpected encounter with a former foster mother brings her inside, Callie decides to reach out to other people who have fostered her and is shocked to learn that a 17-year-old former foster brother has been convicted of murder. Stressed out by the hardships of supporting himself and Cortney, Brandon throws a house party and things take a turn for the worse. Stef and Lena offer to pay for an attorney to help get Gabe off of the sex offender registry, which is currently putting Lena’s job at risk and causing friction between Mike and Ana. Meanwhile, Mariana tells her moms that, in order to feel safe again, she wants to visit Nick and put an end to their relationship once and for all.
- Teri Polo as Stef Adams Foster
- Sherri Saum as Lena Adams Foster
- Hayden Byerly as Jude Adams Foster
- David Lambert as Brandon Foster
- Maia Mitchell as Callie Adams Foster
- Danny Nucci as Mike Foster
- Cierra Ramirez as Mariana Adams Foster
- Noah Centineo as Jesus Adams Foster
- Louis Hunter as Nick Stratos
- Alexandra Barreto as Ana Gutierrez
- Tom Williamson as AJ Hensdale
- Brandan Quinn as Gabriel Duncroft
- Denyse Tontz as Cortney
- Brynn Thayer as Sheila
- Elliot Fletcher as Aaron Baker
- Bonnie Burroughs as Mrs. Olmmstead
- Cornell Womack as Steve Pargrave
- Jude is not present in this episode.
- This is the first episode where Callie drinks alcohol when she takes a sip of Mariana's margarita.
- Callie learns that an old foster brother, Kyle, is dyslexic and is now in prison for life.
- Gabe tells them that he had a deal on the table to stay out of prison for murder. He then changes his mind.
- Mike is not happy to learn that Ana is helping Gabe to get Gabe off the list. However he still helps him get off the list.