Molly was born on July 20th, 1990 to "The Bold and the Beautiful" alum John McCook and his wife, "Battlestar Galactica" alum, Laurette Spang-McCook. Molly is the youngest sister of two siblings, an older brother, and older sister. She is the only one of her siblings to actively pursue acting as a career, following in her parents' legendary footsteps.
She landed her first role in the hit TV show, Monk. She also had a minor recurring role in The Bold and the Beautiful, a two-episode appearance in Glory Daze, and a one-episode appearance in Marvel's: Agents of Shield.
In 2018, it was announced that she would be continuing the main role of Mandy Baxter in the recently renewed television series, "Last Man Standing". The role of "Mandy" had previously been held by Molly Ephraim, who was unable to return to the series after its renewal.
|2010||10 Things I Hate About You||Stacy|
|2010||Bold and the Beautiful||Margot|
|2011||Free Agents||Shauna Daniels|
|2012||Never Fade Away||Madison Evans|
|2013||Agents of Shield||Laura Hayward|
|2015||Hot In Cleveland||Jessica|
|2015||Murder in the First||Rian Green|
|2018-present||Last Man Standing||Mandy Baxter|
- In 2018, she was cast as Mandy Baxter in "Last Man Standing", having replaced Molly Ephraim.
- Molly felt intimidated to join the show in its sixth season since she would be one of only three new cast members.
- She is friends with her TV-father, Tim Allen, who helped her adjust to working in "Last Man Standing".
- In 2012, Molly was in the cast of "Excision" where she played Natalie. Excision premiered in 2012 at the Sundance Film Festival.
- Both of her parents are actors. Her father, John McCook, is best known for being in over 3,000 episodes of "The Bold and the Beautiful". John also co-starred alongside "Good Trouble" EP, Joanna Johnson.