Gael’s art show brings together members of The Coterie for an evening that has emotions running high, especially amongst Gael, Bryan, Callie, and Jamie. Mariana develops a new app idea to pitch to Evan, but the issues at Speckulate continue to threaten to thwart her plans. Callie learns some shocking information about the Jamal case.
- Maia Mitchell as Callie Adams Foster
- Cierra Ramirez as Mariana Adams Foster
- Zuri Adele as Malika Williams
- Sherry Cola as Alice Kwan
- Tommy Martinez as Gael Martinez
- Roger Bart as Judge Curtis Wilson
- Josh Pence as Dennis
- Emma Hunton as Davia Moss
- Beau Mirchoff as Jamie Hunter
- Hailie Sahar as Jazmin Martinez
- Michael Galante as Bryan
- Kara Wang as Sumi
- Briana Venskus as Meera Mattei
- Daisy Eagan as Joey Riverton
- Dhruv Uday Singh as Raj Patil
- Heather Mazur as Angela Miller
- Chloe Wepper as Casey Pierce
- T.J. Linnard as Evan Speck
- Charlie Bodin as Josh Mandela
- Noah Centineo as Jesus Adams Foster (Stock Footage)
- Candace Nicholas Lippman as Yari Clarke
- Eric M. Myrick as Dylan
- Riley Go as Vivian
- Marc Anthony Samuel as Kamar
- Annie Little as Jennifer
- Brandon Barash as Nathan
- J. Mallory McCree as Dom Williams (uncredited)
Notes and Trivia
- The title is a pun for broken hearted, and also hints at the possibility of Gael's art gallery not going as planned.
- Jamie found Jazmin a lawyer. The lawyer contacted the catering company, who was willing to settle for A $10,000 compensation. However, Jazmin decides to take her chances with a trial to gain publicity for her situation.
- Malika's remark about not knowing where Isaac is at confirms that they broke up between "Less Than" and "Broken Arted".
- Dom sends Malika an invite to a graduation party that he and their mother are throwing for her.
- The date on Malika's party invite reads, "12.09.18", although this would be impossible since the year would technically be in the 2020s due to the time jump.
- Sumi and Meera's wedding date is a week away. However, Sumi has reservations due to her feelings for Alice.
- Mariana invited Raj to the art gallery since he has better knowledge of art while she is "completely clueless".
- Angela learns about a spreadsheet comparing employees salaries circulating Speckulate. The Byte Club calls an emergency meeting to discuss the idea of Angela finding out the truth. Mariana mentions that she would be the only one fired since she is one of two Latina engineers in the company.
- Davia brings one of her students, Vivian, back to The Coterie until her dad can pick her up. Jeff is waiting in her room as a surprise, and Davia explains that she couldn't leave her at school because it was getting dark.
- Malika later recognizes the signs of Vivian being homeless and tries to tell Davia about it. However, Davia doesn't agree with her, which leads to another fight between the women.
- Davia is still planning to move back to Fitchburg with Jeff once he divorces his wife.
- Callie helps Gael make a new piece to show at "The Eight" after his backup piece falls short of impressing everyone. Because they both worked with clay, their hands were stained, which Bryan noticed and figured out that Callie helped Gael with the piece.
- Nathan decides to pull out of Jesus' tiny house plan after he learns that Dennis isn't behind the project. Dennis quickly learns that Nathan wants to get back at him for deciding to take half of the assets in his and Jennifer's divorce.
- Evan arrives at the art show and confides in Mariana about his crippling social anxiety disorder and his past with avoiding confrontation.
- Josh strong-arms Angela into dealing with the Mariana situation after he believes that Evan's interest in her isn't strictly professional.
- Evan asks Mariana about her pitch, and she admits that her first one was already pitched before and her current one wouldn't be something she thinks Evan would be interested in. Evan then asks to hear it and see for himself if he likes it or not, and when he does, he states he will order specs in the morning to start outlining it.
- The piece of art that Gael made with Callie sells at his gallery. The buyer remains anonymous, but Jamie admits to having bought it after really liking it.
- Bryan confronts Gael about his night with Callie and he refuses to talk about it. This leads to an explosive argument between the two of them.
- Angela calls Mariana aside and reveals that she knows about the spreadsheet, before handing her a thumb drive with the salaries of every male employee at Speckulate.
- Dennis leaves a cryptic message on Jennifer's phone that is strikingly similar to that of a goodbye call. Davia realizes that his comment and hug earlier was him saying goodbye, and she realizes he spent Gael's art show saying his last goodbyes to everyone. Davia frantically tries to call Dennis, but he fails to answer.